RULES AND REGULATIONS!
- The deadline for submissions: 1st May 2018
- Entrants can submit short films (3-30 minutes) or feature films (31-120 minutes)
- Submitted films touching on human interest are encouraged. This year’s theme is ”The environment” There is a special award for this film.
- Entrants may submit up to 3 films as an individual.
- A separate Entry Form must be completed for each film.
- Submitted short films must have been completed after 31st May 2016.
- Subtitles must be embedded into the film.
- For postal entries the film must be submitted as a .MOV on a USB memory Stick, DVD or CD. All online entries should be submitted through FilmFreeway.
- Entrants agree that any still image from the film submitted may be used for promotional purposes.
- All applicants are requested to supply a film poster (in PDF or JPEG format, A3 portrait).
- The Slum Film festival judges reserve the right to exclude from the festival any short films that they decree incite violence or bigotry (this does not mean that the films cannot contain scenes of violence).
- Submitted films will be entered into those categories chosen by the entrant.
- Entrants of shortlisted films agree that their submitted films can be included in a Festival DVD, for distribution to select strategic festival partners.
- The winners and runners up will be announced at the award ceremony.
- A panel of judges shall screen all entries received in their entirety. The panel shall approve films and videos for Festival participation and for competition. The panel will identify winning films. The judge’s decision is final.
- Slum Film Festival does not charge entry fees for film submission or for its screenings.
NOTE: Films can also be dropped manually at our offices, KCDF house, Chai Road.
- Submitted films must be short (3-30 minutes) or feature films (31-120 minutes).
- The entrant agrees that, should his or her film be shortlisted, Slum Film Festival reserves the right to
i. Include the film on the Festival Film Reel,
ii. Post the short film / trailer on the Slum Film Festival Website,
iii. Show clips of the short film in its entirety at the festival Award Ceremony, and during any other festival screening.
- Distribute the short film poster to journalists and broadcasters. The submitting party takes all responsibility that the consent of the owner of the Title property, clearances from the copyright owner(s) and performer(s) of music used in the film has all been acquired from the appropriate authorities.
Submission of the entry form implies the acceptance of all submission regulations above.