MTAA DOCS is a project initiated by Slum Film Festival and Docubox. MTAA DOCS has a priority on telling stories from the slums, other marginalized communities and stories of hope in disadvantage.
It is a documentary workshop aimed at equipping filmmakers with crucial skills and know-how in the field of documentary making. It will seek to explore contemporary approaches to the art of documentary film, offer a strong understanding of the best practices and business of production, and help develop the foundation of your independent project.
This workshop seeks to support filmmakers with an opportunity to be mentored by the best players in this field. During the film lab, the best submissions will be curated into full-fledged documentary films and owners will have an opportunity to meet with potential content buyers. This is a rare and golden opportunity to all filmmakers interested in documentary making as it serves as a take-off ground in the industry.
MTAA DOCS is designed for and open to documentary directors, scriptwriters, editors, cinematographers, sound recordists and all key crew members in documentary films. Filmmakers applying for MTAA DOCS should be young, aspiring and have some previous experience in documentary making. Experienced filmmakers with a special interest in this field, and are able to pay a subsidized are free to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the application form online complete with all attachments
- Download application form, fill out and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This can also be dropped physically to our offices at Slum Film Festival (KCDF HOUSE 3RD FLOOR RM,3B), Chai Road, off Juja Road), Nairobi.
- Trailer, pilot or teaser of your intended project to can be sent via We-Transfer
- Applications should be received on or before 20th October 2017.
- Application form
- Your CV including links to your works
- Your documentary project synopsis, trailer, pilot or teaser.
SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS
- Participants will be selected at the sole discretion of the Mtaa Docs selection committee.
- Applicants selected for participation will be informed via email.
- Only Applicants that are SHORTLISTED will be contacted (via email).
- You must be fluent in both, written and spoken English.
- The lab will be conducted in English.